In this episode, Brian, Ayla, and Anthony discuss the state of the DC Universe from films to TV series now that James Gunn has taken charge.
You can listen to the podcast below, or directly on Spotify, or via most sites that host podcasts. For email updates to The Cosmic Circle and Cosmic Cafe podcasts subscribe here!
Do you agree with what they think about the state of the DC universe? Let us know on social media. And if you enjoy this podcast, please consider sharing it with friends and supporting it via The Cosmic Circus Patreon, following us on Twitter @mycosmiccircus, or joining our Discord.
Episode 14: James Gunn and the State of the DC Universe
- 00:18 – Intros
- 00:56 – Under new management: James Gunn and DC
- 04:00 – DC’s previous plans
- 7:25 – The Arroverse
- 8:41 – What Gunn brought to DC films
- 10:10 – Where does the DC universe go from here?
- 15:30 – Shazam: Fury of the Gods
- 17:20 – What upcoming DC films have the most promise?
- 26:00 – Where do these miscellaneous movies fit in the new DC?
- 28:55 – What creative would want to work with WB after Batgirl?
- 35:56 – Recasting Superman
- 40:21 – Do we need individual films for the Justice League again?
- 42:36 – Superman For All Seasons
- 44:23 – Superman and Lois
- 47:31 – New villains, but not Lex
- 49:40 – Recasting for a younger Superman
- 53:40 – James Gunn and Twitter
- 55:34 – General thoughts on DC
- 59:37 – The Batman, Matt Reeves, and James Gunn
- 1:11:00 – Outros
Podcast credits and show notes
- Ayla Ruby
- Anthony Flagg
- Brian Kitson
- Lizzie Hill
Recorded on 12/11/22.
Superhero theme by HumanoideVFX on Pixabay.