Now that the Infinity Saga has come to a close, Marvel Studios is ready to expand its cinematic universe in some big ways, by creating a multiverse. The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse is as confusing as it is epic, with rules and layers that are just becoming apparent. Don’t worry though, co-host Brian and Ayla are joined by The Cosmic Circus writer Alex Perez, who is more than ready to dive deep and explain the Multiverse in detail.
Join along as The Cosmic Circle looks back through Phase 4 for the beginning of the multiverse and looks forward to Phase 5 and beyond, as the multiverse prepares to explode onto the screen. Coming just after the release of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantuamania will be our review episode, where Alex will join Ayla and Anthony breaking down the film and what comes next.
What are your thoughts on Marvel Cinematic Multiverse so far? Which Alex Perez tidbit was your favorite? Let us know on social media. And if you enjoy this podcast, please consider sharing it with friends and supporting it via The Cosmic Circus Patreon, following us on Twitter @cosmicpodcasts, or joining our Discord.
Ep. 20: The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse (The Multiverse Saga Spoilers)
- 00:18 – Intros
- 01:22 – Where did the multiverse begin?
- 04:13 – Alex Perez talks about the differences between the multiverse, and other dimensions, planes, and realms in the MCU.
- 07:30 – More about the Quantum realm in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Is there one in every universe?
- 10:50 – Is The Multiverse Saga really ramping up now? Talking about the multiverse and Phase 5.
- 15:28 – When will the multiverse truly “crack open” and be a more significant plot point that affects everyone?
- 17:00 – Deadpool 3 talk from Alex.
- 19:08 – Loki season 2 and the multiverse.
- 24:07 – World War Hulk and Battleworld discussion.
- 26:45 – Armor Wars and a “certain actor”
- 27:27 – Stories and characters/teams that could be a good fit for Battleworld stories.
- 29:40 – Shang-Chi and the Wreckage of Time.
- 31:00 – When with Doctor Strange show up next? What world did he create an incursion with? Where is Clea from?
- 34:40 – Agatha, the Darkhold, the author of the Darkhold, Nexus beings, and the Scarlet Witch prophecy.
- 39:14 – At what point did the Multiverse “break?”
- 40:30 – Are we going to see more incursions? When and where?
- 43:20 – 838 and the Illuminati
- 46:30 – Star Trek’s Mirrorverse
- 47:00 – Multiversal Avengers and evil versions of characters.
- 49:18 – What character would you love to see introduced or return?
- 51:50 – Listener question #1: What seems impossible even within the multiverse?
- 52:23 – Listener question #2: What parts of the Multiverse from the comics do you what the MCU to explore?
- 54:29 – Listener question #3: Since there are an infinite number of worlds in the multiverse, how can the Watcher (Jeffrey Wright) keep up with them all? Or is he just one “god” who was given 500-1000 worlds to guard, and there are an infinite number of other Watchers securing other worlds?
- 56:05 – Listener question #4: Do you think Feige will consider telling more stories in the 838 universe? And could that universe play a role in Secret Wars?
- 58:00 – Outros
Recommended articles about subjects from this episode
Podcast credits and show notes
- Alex Perez
- Ayla Ruby
- Brian Kitson
- Lizzie Hill
Superhero theme by HumanoideVFX on Pixabay.