After a long wait, the Guardians of the Galaxy are back. This past weekend, James Gunn delivered the third and perhaps most emotionally resonant entry in the cosmic saga, titled Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3. Star-lord aka Peter Quill (Chris Pratt) is still reeling from the loss of Gamora (Zoe Saldana), and the team is adjusting to their new place in the cosmos. After an attack on their celestial haven of Knowhere, where one of their own is threatened, the Guardians must face off against a wicked and new foe in the High-Evolutionary, played by Chukwudi Iwuji.
In the newest Cosmic Circle podcast episode, host Ayla Ruby and writers Anthony Flagg and Brian Kitson discuss their favorite and least favorite moments from the new movie including some epic action sequences. They cover the exciting and sad reveal of one guardian’s origins, cameos, the post-credit scene, and whether this movie is the end of the ride for the Guardians of the Galaxy as we know it.
You can listen to the podcast below, directly on Spotify, or via most sites hosting podcasts. For email updates to The Cosmic Circle and Cosmic Cafe podcasts subscribe here and follow us for updates on Twitter at @cosmicpodcasts!
[Warning: Spoilers from the Guardians franchise including Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 are within the podcast!]
What are your thoughts on our Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 discussion? Let us know on social media. And if you enjoy this podcast, please consider sharing it with friends and supporting it via The Cosmic Circus Patreon, following us on Twitter, or joining our Discord.
Ep. 29: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Discussion (SPOILERS)
- 00:18 – Intros
- 01:50 – Overall impressions of Vol. 3
- 04:20 – Did this movie meet your expectations for the end of this trilogy?
- 06:27 – Comparing the group in Vol. 3 vs Thor: Love and Thunder and the Avengers films.
- 07:36 – Drax the Dad and Dave Bautista, Is he really done with this role?
- 09:48 – Favorite moments
- 14:09 – Dave Bautista’s performance. Wrestlers and acting.
- 17:28 – Least favorite things?
- 21:20 – Adam Warlock’s introduction.
- 23:38 – High Evolutionary as a villain.
- 34:17 – High Evolutionary’s various creations
- 38:05 – Cosmo
- 40:36 – How do we feel about James Gunn using family and friends in this project and others?
- 44:10 – Favorite songs in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3?
- 46:50 – The ending of the movie, is this really the end? When might we see any of them again?
- 51:30 – Final thoughts on the film. Rocket Raccoon, Groot.
- 54:50 Outros
Recommended articles about subjects from this episode
Podcast credits and show notes
- Anthony Flagg
- Ayla Ruby
- Brian Kitson
- Lizzie Hill
Recorded on 05/07/23
Superhero theme by HumanoideVFX on Pixabay.