Phase 5 has finally begun with the arrival of Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania in theaters! The third outing from the Ant-Family sees Scott a.k.a. Ant-Man, Hope a.k.a. The Wasp along with Hank, Janet, and Cassie sucked into the Quantum Realm! If that wasn’t stressful enough, the heroes also come face-to-face with Kang, played by Jonathan Majors.
Host Ayla Ruby, along with fellow Cosmic Circus writers Anthony Flagg and Alex Perez break down the good, the bad, and the straight-up quantum craziness that this film has to offer. Listen in as they talk about what they like about this movie and what they wish could have been different. Alex Perez also drops a few hints about what’s to come in The Multiverse Saga with Secret Wars, and Kang Dynasty (spoiler warning if you don’t want to know anything about these films!)
[Warning: Spoilers for Quantumania and The Multiverse Saga below and within the podcast!]
What are your thoughts on Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania? Is there anything you liked? What would you have liked to see differently from the film? Let us know on social media. And if you enjoy this podcast, please consider sharing it with friends and supporting it via The Cosmic Circus Patreon, following us on Twitter @cosmicpodcasts, or joining our Discord.
Ep. 21: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Discussion (spoilers)
- 00:20 – Intros
- 01:00 – SPOILER WARNING for Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and The Multiverse Saga throughout this episode.
- 01:30 – Impressions on Quantumania
- 06:00 – What stood out, or we liked most about the movie.
- 08:40 – Talking Christophe Beck’s score and the “Quantum Nexus” theme from WandaVision
- 10:38 – Discussing Star Wars and other franchise references in Quantumania and the MCU
- 13:30 – Enjoyed the family relationships in the film
- 14:30 – What we didn’t like in Quantumania
- 15:03 – Alex Perez talks about a scene cut from Quantumania involving Kang recognizing Hank Pym as the original Ant-Man he fought before.
- 18:26 – What Anthony Flagg (Red) didn’t like
- 19:00 – Talk about Janet Van Dyne being “done dirty” in this film.
- 22:39 – Alex Perez talks about the reason why Ant-Man had to be the one to introduce Kang in Quantumania, (mention of Avengers: Secret Wars), and how it breaks the multiversal loop of the MCU.
- 27:19 – Alex Perez: “In terms of how the Multiverse Saga is going to play out, one of the key figures, that is going to have a storyline that is going to be important in Kang Dynasty, is the Langs and the Pym Van Dynes. Specifically, Janet Van Dyne. Because I can assure you that every single version of Kang is particularly pissed with Scott, they’re particularly pissed with all of these people, but most of all the person that they’re going to be pissed off the most is at Janet Van Dyne… And I’m going to spoil it right here, screw it, I’ll spoil it right here. Personal discussion, no idea if it’s going to play out yet as it is extremely early… I would not be surprised if Janet Van Dyne is killed in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty.” (further details in podcast)
- 31:00 – Why did the other Kangs banish him to the Quantum Realm?
- 31:14 – Kang as a version of The Beyonder
- 38:55 – Listener questions, regarding the end credit scene, when we might see Kang next other than Loki.
- 43:26 – Alex talks about when Janet zooms in on Earth and the MCU timeline, and the 4 different branches coming out of Earth 616
- 46:07 – Outros
Recommended articles about subjects from this episode
Podcast credits and show notes
- Alex Perez
- Anthony Flagg
- Ayla Ruby
- Lizzie Hill
Superhero theme by HumanoideVFX on Pixabay.